Corvias Military Living

Fort Polk


We can help!

We can Help!

Enter the characters shown in the image.

Our neighborhood management teams are here to help!

Have you already submitted your application? We understand that the application process can be stressful, so be sure to review our FAQs to help ease you through it! Feel free to contact our staff if you have any additional questions, or if you have any special housing requirements so we can work to best accommodate your family's needs.

I have my orders...

[+] I have received orders to Fort Polk. When can I apply for on-post housing?

Service members are eligible to apply for on-post housing once they have received orders to Fort Polk.

You are eligible for Privatized Family Housing at Fort Polk if you are an active duty service member with accompanying family members assigned to an installation within 35 miles of Fort Polk. For new move-ins, on the date of occupancy, military members must have a minimum of six months remaining on their current duty assignment.

[+] Can my spouse apply for housing on my behalf?

Yes, a non-military or dual military spouse may apply for housing on behalf of the sponsor/senior service member. The non-sponsor submitting the application must be named on the sponsor's general power of attorney and present this document to the Corvias Military Living Leasing & Relocation Center.

[+] What type of dependent documentation is needed to house my family?

  • Army – DD 1172
  • Navy – Page 2
  • Air Force – Orders or DD 1172
  • Marine Corp – DD 1751
  • Coast Guard – CG 4170

[+] What is the rank structure for Fort Polk housing?

For on-post housing purposes: The ranks E-1 to E-5 are considered to be Junior Non-Commission Officers (JNCO). The ranks E-6 to E-8 are considered to be Senior Non-Commission Officers (SNCO). The rank of E-9 receives independent rank classification for housing, however can also be housed in areas accepting Field Grade Officers (FGO). Officers, O1- to O-3 and WO1 to CW3 are Company Grade Officers (CGO), and CW4, O4, and O5's are Field Grade Officers (FGO).

[+] Who determines Key and Essential (K+E) positions for housing?

Fort Polk Headquarters makes this determination.

[+] Is there a wait list for the newly constructed homes?

At this time, Corvias Military Living does not have a wait list specifically for newly constructed housing. While we do have new housing available for some rank bands, our wait list operates on the basis of first available home.

[+] How do I submit an online application?

An online application can be submitted through our web site at Please note, your online housing application will be reviewed by our relocation staff and placed in a Pending Arrival Status. You will be contacted by a member of our dedicated team of Relocation Specialists regarding your application status. They will assist you in completing housing eligibility requirements, including supporting documents, to ensure that your family experiences the improved quality of life being provided at Fort Polk.

[+] How is the on-post housing eligibility date determined?

Service members can apply for housing once they have received orders for Fort Polk or a duty station within 35 miles. For service members who are new to the U. S. Army, married, and have received orders to Fort Polk as their first duty station, the eligibility date for housing is the Military Entrance Processing Date. For service members who were single upon entering any branch of the military and married after initial enlistment, the eligibility date for housing is the Date of Marriage.

[+] May I request placement on more than one wait list at one time?

Service members may occupy only one wait list at one time.

[+] Once placed on the wait list, may I transfer to a different list?

If the service member elects to change wait lists, the requests must be made within 30 days of initial placement on the wait list in order to maintain the original housing eligibility date. Requests to change wait lists after 30 days will result in an eligibility date change to the current date of application except under certain circumstances such as (1) change in rank or (2) change in family composition.

[+] Who will pay for my family's move if I am an incoming service member?

The move will be a government transportation move.

[+] I am a single service member with one child. Am I eligible for on-post housing?

Yes, housing applications are accepted from single service members with legal dependents. The application, along with all other required documents, must be accompanied by a current court order (copy) indicating custody of the dependent(s) has been granted to the service member.

[+] I have a dual military household and my wife is stationed at another installation. Can I apply for housing?

Dual service members are eligible for on-post housing at Fort Polk. The BAH will be taken for the senior ranking service member at the Fort Polk with-dependant rate. The remaining BAH is yours to keep.

[+] I am a dual military household. Whose name will my housing lease be under?

The lease will be placed in the name of the senior ranking service member.

[+] If I submit an online application, will housing be available when I arrive?

Once your application and all supporting documentation has been received and approved by our Leasing & Relocation Center, you will be placed on the appropriate wait list. Wait times and availability are subject to change based on vacancy status.

[+] I will be relocating to Fort Polk in eight months. Can you tell me how long my family will have to wait for on-post housing?

Wait times vary and are available on our website Please visit our website for more information on housing options and wait times as you approach your PCS date.

[+] My family was assigned to a four-bedroom home at my last duty station. Will I automatically qualify for four-bedroom housing at Fort Polk?

At Fort Polk, service members with primary physical custody of three or more children automatically qualify for four-bedroom housing.

[+] Are Fort Polk houses furnished?

No, the houses are not furnished.

[+] What amenities are included with the home? (i.e. appliances, etc.)

Fort Polk homes are fully equipped with a refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher. Garbage disposals and ice makers are available in select homes. The homes also feature full-size washer/dryer hookups. Corvias also offers free lawn care, maintenance, and snow removal services.

[+] Do you allow pets and how many?

Yes, Fort Polk is a pet-friendly installation. There is a two-pet limit. Exotic pets such as monkeys, snakes, etc. are not permitted. In addition, dogs belonging to dangerous breeds - to include full or mixed breed Pit Bulls, American Staffordshire Bull Terriers, English Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, Chows, Doberman Pinschers, and wolf hybrids - are prohibited from Fort Polk family housing areas. Please review the Corvias Military Living Pet Policy if you have additional questions. The Leasing and Relocation Center can provide you with a copy of this policy.

[+] Do the homes come equipped with fencing?

No, not all homes come equipped with a fence.

[+] Will Army families be responsible for their utility costs?

The Department of Defense has issued a policy that will require the family to eventually assume responsibility for excessive utility usage. Families living in these designated homes are only required to pay the difference of the utility costs if they exceed more than 5 percent above the real monthly average utility usage for "like" homes in their neighborhood. If the family uses less energy (electricity and gas) than the average, they will receive a refund or credit. More information and FAQ's are provided at the Leasing and Relocation Center.

I have my orders and I have special circumstances...

[+] I am enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP). Will I have priority placement on the wait list?

EFMP status does not constitute priority placement on Fort Polk housing wait lists.

[+] I have a family member who requires a home with accessibility features or special home modifications due to a medical condition. Who do I see?

All home accessibility or modification inquiries must be directed to the Family Services Program Manager. Once you have completed the application, you may reach Family Services at (337) 537-5000.

I've completed my application...

[+] How can I check my current position on the wait list?

Please use the following link and follow the prompts to access your position on the wait list you selected: Wait List Position

[+] Where do I stay while I wait for housing? Is there temporary housing?

Temporary lodging at Fort Polk is available through Fort Polk Army Lodging, and is contingent on space availability. Corvias Military Living does not provide temporary housing for service members waiting to be placed in on-post housing. You can also check with the RCI office at (337) 537-7277.

[+] What determines my placement on the wait list?

Your placement on the wait list is based on your eligibility date. The eligibility date is typically determined by your PCS date from your last duty station or your date of application. If you are newly married, your date will be the day you were married. You must apply within 30 days of arrival otherwise your eligibility date will be the date of your application. There are some situations that may alter your date, so please check with the Leasing and Relocation Center to see if this applies to you.

[+] What happens if I decline a home?

If an offer is made and you decline the home after viewing it, your eligibility date will change and you will go to the bottom of the wait list. If availability allows, you will be given the opportunity to look at more than one home. After a third declination, you will be removed from the wait list and will need to reapply for housing.

[+] What will my wait time be?

Your wait time is determined by the number of vacant homes. The wait time given is an estimation and is subject to change, however, every effort will be made to find adequate housing as quickly as possible. Please check with the Leasing and Relocation Center for updates. If a preference of floor plan or neighborhood is given, your wait time could be extended past the given estimate depending on current availability.

[+] What determines the list I am placed on?

Your rank and the number of dependents will determine the size of your home, as well as the rank band of the home you will be placed in. The rank bands are as follows: JNCO, E-1 to E-5; SNCO, E-6 to E-8; CSM/SM E-9; CGO, O1/O1E to O3/O3E; FGO, O4 to O5; SGO, O6 to O9.

[+] What does it mean if I get bumped on the wait list?

If you get bumped on the wait list, it means an incoming service member applied with an earlier eligibility date and went above you on the wait list. Only the top ten percent of every wait list is frozen and those service members cannot be bumped. If a large number of service members arrive or return from deployment, your estimated wait time could change. Service members returning from deployment have priority.

[+] What happens if someone has the same eligibility date as me?

If someone has the same eligibility date, date-of-rank will be the secondary factor regarding placement on the list. The earlier date-of-rank will be placed first. If the date-of-rank is the same, date-of-entry into service will be used.

[+] How long do I have to wait for an intra-post move?

Wait times for intra-post (IP) moves are not given. All incoming service members are housed first. When a home is available it will be offered to the first person on the IP move list. You must have at least 6 months remaining at Fort Polk to be offered a move.

[+] Once contacted, how long do I have to respond to make a move-in appointment?

Once contacted, you have 72 hours to respond to the Leasing and Relocation Center before we offer that home to the next service member on the wait list. Special circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If advanced notification is possible, we can work with you to find an alternative that best serves you. If you will be out of town, please let the Leasing and Relocation Center know, so arrangements can be made.

I'm getting ready to move on post...

[+] Can I designate someone to accept a home on my behalf or in my absence?

Yes, someone can accept a home for you (approve the assignment, sign the lease, accept the keys). The individual acting on your behalf must be named on a special power of attorney which specifically details your designee's authority to manage the assignment and termination of housing for you at Fort Polk, sign the lease document on your behalf, and start/stop your allotment for housing.

I'm a current resident...

[+] My family has been living in our Fort Polk home for three years and we are ready to move. Can we apply for another wait list?

Once the family is housed, the service member cannot apply for another wait list unless the following occurs: the service member meets the eligibility requirements for additional bedrooms due to (1) change in rank or (2) change in family composition.

[+] My mother is coming to live with me, am I eligible for a larger home?

The parent must be established as a dependent of the service member through DEERS and have a military-issued ID card.

[+] Who will pay for my move if I am doing a voluntary inter-post move?

The service member will be responsible for the voluntary inter-post move.

[+] Where can I download the personal property insurance claim form?

I'm moving out...

[+] I am PCSing from my Corvias location. Where can I find more information on privatized housing?

For more information, visit the official site of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative (MHPI) Partners: