How to Apply
Active-duty service members are eligible to apply for on-post family housing at Fort Polk upon receipt of current PCS orders. Service members may complete Housing Applications and be placed on the wait list prior to reporting to the installation (as verified by PCS orders and other documents.)
Service members applying for family housing and who have not yet cleared their present duty station will be placed on the wait list in "hold" status until confirmation of clearing is received by Corvias' Leasing and Relocation Center. Upon receipt of clearing confirmation (DA31 – Leave Form), the service member is eligible to receive an offer of housing based on availability..
Active-duty service members applying for family housing are required to submit:
- Copy of current PCS orders
- Copy of most recent Form DD1172 (DEERS Enrollment)
- Confirmation of clearing present duty station (DA31 – Leave Form, or other services' equivalent form)
- Valid photo identification (upon personally visiting the Leasing and Relocation Center)
- Copy of most current end of month LES
Federal and DoD Civilians, Base Contractors, Retirees, Widows of Retirees and Gold Star Widows:
Accompanied retired military personnel, widows of retired military personnel, Gold Star widows, and Department of Defense or Federal Agency Civilians, and Base Contractors who work on Fort Polk will need to provide the following along with a $25 non-refundable application fee for any family member who is 18 years or over:
- A valid driver's license, a valid passport, or another legitimate form of picture identification must be presented for each occupant over the age of 18 prior to signing a lease.
- Occupants 18 years of age, or older, will need a DoD or retired sponsor to receive a 365-day pass from Fort Polk.
- SF-50 or DA3434 for proof of federal employment must also be provided for the leaseholder(s) or form DD-214 for proof of retirement/medical retirement from any branch of service.
- Proof of a valid, verifiable social security number must be provided from each occupant over the age of 18.
- Employment verification to include 3 most recent consecutive paystubs.
- Financial qualification is only based on the DoD civilian or retiree's income. As a result, unless the occupant is the widow of a retired service member or Gold Star widow, spouses of DoD civilians or retirees do not need to provide their income information unless it is needed to qualify for a home.
About On-Site — Our Online Application Technology Partner
Moving can be stressful. That's why Corvias uses innovative technology provided by On-Site, Inc. to help make your upcoming move to on-post/base housing convenient and easy. By using On-Site, you will be able to securely and quickly complete your online housing application. Later, you'll also be able to electronically sign and submit your lease called the Resident Occupancy Agreement (ROA). So don't wait, apply online today, even from your phone or tablet!