- Your opinion matters
- Refer a friend
- Need money for college?
- Green Corner
- Don’t let the holidays “gobble” up your finances
- When to change your air filter
- How to register for Child, Youth and School Services
- Want to know what is happening in your community?
Our goal is to provide you with the best homes, community, service and value. To let us know how we are performing Corvias Military Living has contracted with ResidentSurveys.com, a division of SatisFacts Research, to conduct a brief online survey. We want to hear from as many residents as possible and will be giving out $250 gift cards to two randomly selected participants. This survey should only take a couple of minutes to complete and is now available to all residents with a link sent to your email inbox. If for any reason you didn’t receive one please reach out to your community office.
There is availability in our three and four bedroom homes in Camellia Terrace. Refer eligible prospective residents and you can earn $150 per referral. Refer a friend promotion is offered through December 31st. New applicants must list referral source's name at time of application and move in by December 31st. Referral rewards will be delivered within 30 days after the lease holder moves in. For more information please contact your community office.
Need money for college? Applications for the 2016 Corvias Foundation $50,000 Scholarships and $5,000 Educational Grants for children and spouses of active-duty service members are available after November 1 at corviasfoundation.org.
How can you save energy when cooking your Thanksgiving dinner? Don’t open the oven door while you’re cooking! Instead, turn on the oven light and check on your food through the oven window.
Please check your stove before the Holiday baking starts and place a work order if necessary.
Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is touted as the biggest shopping day of the year and the beginning of the holiday shopping season. This can also be a stressful time, as gift giving can quickly “gobble” up your hard-earned money. Don’t fret – we’ve got some quick and easy tips to ensure that your many purchases don’t burn a hole in your wallet.
- Before you hit the stores, be aware of where your finances currently stand. Only purchase items that you are confident you can afford.
- Create a budget specifically for holiday shopping. Follow your budget as closely as possible, and track your spending. Need help? Contact the Financial Readiness Program at 337-531-1957.
- Ask for military discounts wherever you go. Even if stores do not advertise the discount, ask – you may be pleasantly surprised to hear the answer.
- Shop around. Look at the circulars for sales and discounts. Recognize a good price when you see one.
- Follow your gut instincts – if you think a potential gift is too much for you to spend, look for something else at a lower price.
- Cyber Monday, anyone? Check for last minute deals and steals online on Monday, December 2.
- Some of the best gifts come from the heart and cost nothing at all. Be creative!
- Don’t forget to stop, relax, and enjoy the season with your family and friends. That’s really what it is all about.
As we move into winter heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning system (HVAC) filters should be changed out in conjunction with the changing weather.
HVACs circulate indoor air, and filters keep things like dust and debris from entering the system. Keeping an HVAC clean increases the longevity of the system and keeps efficiency high. Corvias Military Living recommends changing filters every 30 days.
This is the worst time of year for those who suffer from ragweed allergies. Ragweed pollen and other allergens, dust mites and pet dander are trapped by HVAC filters. Environmental factors that cause air filters to get dirty include:
- Number of occupants
- Airborne allergens
- Overall air quality
Replacement filters are available by request. Contact your local Community Office for details
Forms are available at the registration office or may be downloaded from Webtrac.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING WITH YOU TO REGISTRATION:
- Current Immunization Record for your children
- Two emergency release designees in local area
- LES and pay stubs showing your current level of total family income
- Child Health Assessment/Sports Physical (30 days to return to our Office)
- Parents of Special Needs children will supply medical documentation for registration in CYSS
- Allergies and asthma are considered special needs
Note: There is no registration fee thanks to the Army Family Covenant.
There are different programs available for deployed families. Just ask and they will tell you all about it.
School Support Services
6880 Radio Rd., Bldg 400Fort Polk, LA
Peggy Bluitt, School Liaison Officer
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
Upcoming events and important dates
- Nov.11- Community Offices are closed in observance of Veteran’s Day
- Nov. 26- Community Offices are closed in observance of Thanksgiving
- Nov. 27- Limited hours of operations. Community Offices are open from 9 am- 1pm