Corvias Property Management

Fort Polk

FAQs for those who have already applied

Want More Info?

Have a question about our homes or communities before applying?

  • Military Homes
  • Military Rentals
  • On-Post Housing
  • Wait List
  • Housing Application
  • Corporate Housing

Find a HomeShow Tooltip

Search now to find homes that may be available for you.

Be sure to read about our Move-in Specials!

Rank Band (required)


If you require special needs, please contact the relocation office at (337) 537-5060 or email

Our neighborhood management teams are here to help!

Have you already submitted your application? We understand that the application process may seem stressful at times, so be sure to review our FAQs to help ease you through it! Need Help? Feel free to contact our staff if you have any additional questions, or if you have any special housing requirements so we can work to best accommodate your family's needs.

In addition, you may also check your current position on the wait list. Please use the following link and follow the prompts to access your position on the wait list you selected: Wait List Position

Application FAQs

[+]I have received orders to Fort Polk. When can I apply for on-post housing?

As soon as you find out you are PCSing to Fort Polk you can apply. You can go ahead and get on the waitlist with out your orders coming to Fort Polk. You will not be able to be offered a home until you have received your orders.

[+]Can my spouse apply for housing on my behalf?

Yes, a non-military or dual military spouse may apply for housing on behalf of the sponsor/senior service member. The non-sponsor submitting the application must be named on the sponsor's general power of attorney and present this document to the Corvias Leasing & Relocation Center.

[+]Can I designate someone to accept a home on my behalf or in my absence?

Yes, someone can accept a home for you (approve the assignment, sign the lease, accept the keys). The individual acting on your behalf must be named on a special power of attorney which specifically details your designee's authority to manage the assignment and termination of housing for you at Fort Polk, sign the lease document on your behalf, and start/stop your allotment for housing.

[+]What type of dependent documentation is needed to house my family?

  • Army – DD 1172
  • Navy – Page 2
  • Air Force – Orders or DD 1172
  • Marine Corp – DD 1751
  • Coast Guard – CG 4170

[+]What is the rank structure for Fort Polk housing?

For on-post housing purposes: The ranks E-1 to E-5 are considered to be Junior Non-Commission Officers (JNCO). The ranks E-6 to E-8 are considered to be Senior Non-Commission Officers (SNCO). The rank of E-9 receives independent rank classification for housing, however can also be housed in areas accepting Field Grade Officers (FGO). Officers, O1- to O-3 and WO1 to CW3 are Company Grade Officers (CGO), and CW4, O4, and O5's are Field Grade Officers (FGO).

[+]Who determines Key and Essential (K+E) positions for housing?

Fort Polk Headquarters makes this determination.

[+]Is there a wait list for the newly constructed homes?

At this time, Corvias does not have a wait list specifically for newly constructed housing. While we do have new housing available for some rank bands, our wait list operates on the basis of first available home.

[+]How do I submit an online application?

An online application can be submitted through our web site at Please note, your online housing application will be reviewed by our relocation staff and placed in a Pending Arrival Status. You will be contacted by a member of our dedicated team of Relocation Specialists regarding your application status. They will assist you in completing housing eligibility requirements, including supporting documents, to ensure that your family experiences the improved quality of life being provided at Fort Polk.

[+]How is the on-post housing eligibility date determined?

Service members can apply for housing once they have received orders for Fort Polk or a duty station within 35 miles. For service members who are new to the U. S. Army, married, and have received orders to Fort Polk as their first duty station, the eligibility date for housing is the Military Entrance Processing Date. For service members who were single upon entering any branch of the military and married after initial enlistment, the eligibility date for housing is the Date of Marriage.

[+]I am enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP). Will I have priority placement on the wait list?

EFMP status does not constitute priority placement on Fort Polk housing wait lists.

[+]I have a family member who requires a home with accessibility features or special home modifications due to a medical condition. Who do I see?

All home accessibility or modification inquiries must be directed to the Family Services Program Manager. Once you have completed the application, you may reach Family Services at (337) 537-5000.

[+]May I request placement on more than one wait list at one time?

Service members may occupy only one wait list at one time.

[+]Once placed on the wait list, may I transfer to a different list?

If the service member elects to change wait lists, the requests must be made within 30 days of initial placement on the wait list in order to maintain the original housing eligibility date. Requests to change wait lists after 30 days will result in an eligibility date change to the current date of application except under certain circumstances such as (1) change in rank or (2) change in family composition.

[+]My family has been living in our Fort Polk home for three years and we are ready to move. Can we apply for another wait list?

Once the family is housed, the service member cannot apply for another wait list unless the following occurs: the service member meets the eligibility requirements for additional bedrooms due to (1) change in rank or (2) change in family composition.

[+]Where do I stay while I wait for housing? Is there temporary housing?

Temporary lodging at Fort Polk is available through Fort Polk Army Lodging, and is contingent on space availability. Corvias does not provide temporary housing for service members waiting to be placed in on-post housing. You can also check with the RCI office at (337) 537-7277.

[+]My mother is coming to live with me, am I eligible for a larger home?

The parent must be established as a dependent of the service member through DEERS and have a military-issued ID card.

[+]Who will pay for my family's move if I am an incoming service member?

The move will be a government transportation move.

[+]I am a single service member with one child. Am I eligible for on-post housing?

Yes, housing applications are accepted from single service members with legal dependents. The application, along with all other required documents, must be accompanied by a current court order (copy) indicating custody of the dependent(s) has been granted to the service member.

[+]I have a dual military household and my wife is stationed at another installation. Can I apply for housing?

Dual service members are eligible for on-post housing at Fort Polk. The BAH will be taken for the senior ranking service member at the Fort Polk with-dependant rate. The remaining BAH is yours to keep.

[+]I am a dual military household. Whose name will my housing lease be under?

The lease will be placed in the name of the senior ranking service member.

[+]If I submit an online application, will housing be available when I arrive?

Once your application and all supporting documentation has been received and approved by our Leasing & Relocation Center, you will be placed on the appropriate wait list. Wait times and availability are subject to change based on vacancy status.

[+]Who will pay for my move if I am doing a voluntary inter-post move?

The service member will be responsible for the voluntary inter-post move.

[+]I will be relocating to Fort Polk in eight months. Can you tell me how long my family will have to wait for on-post housing?

Wait times vary and are available on our website Please visit our website for more information on housing options and wait times as you approach your PCS date.

[+]My family was assigned to a four-bedroom home at my last duty station. Will I automatically qualify for four-bedroom housing at Fort Polk?

At Fort Polk, service members with primary physical custody of three or more children automatically qualify for four-bedroom housing.

[+]Are Fort Polk houses furnished?

No, the houses are not furnished.

[+]What amenities are included with the home? (i.e. appliances, etc.)

Fort Polk homes are fully equipped with a refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher. Garbage disposals and ice makers are available in select homes. The homes also feature full-size washer/dryer hookups. Corvias also offers free lawn care, maintenance, and snow removal services.

[+]Do you allow pets and how many?

Yes, Fort Polk is a pet-friendly installation. There is a two-pet limit. Exotic pets such as monkeys, snakes, etc. are not permitted. In addition, dogs belonging to dangerous breeds - to include full or mixed breed Pit Bulls, American Staffordshire Bull Terriers, English Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, Chows, Doberman Pinschers, and wolf hybrids - are prohibited from Fort Polk family housing areas. Please review the Corvias Pet Policy if you have additional questions. The Leasing and Relocation Center can provide you with a copy of this policy.

[+]Do the homes come equipped with fencing?

No, not all homes come equipped with a fence.

[+]Will Army families be responsible for their utility costs?

The Department of Defense has issued a policy that will require the family to eventually assume responsibility for excessive utility usage. Families living in these designated homes are only required to pay the difference of the utility costs if they exceed more than 5 percent above the real monthly average utility usage for "like" homes in their neighborhood. If the family uses less energy (electricity and gas) than the average, they will receive a refund or credit. More information and FAQ's are provided at the Leasing and Relocation Center.

WaitList FAQ's

[+]What are the requirements for housing eligibility?

Active-duty military personnel with dependents or ranked higher than E-6, and assigned to Fort Polk are eligible for privatized family housing.

In addtion, active-duty service members, accompanied or E-6 and higher unaccompanied who are assigned to an installation within 50 miles of Fort Polk and have a minimum of 12 months remaining may live on post . Service members can be placed on the wait list once your orders to Fort Polk or a duty station within 50 miles have been received.

Additionally, on-post housing is now offered to the following categories:

  • Accompanied retired military personnel, widowed spouses of retired military personnel and Gold Star widows.
  • Accompanied Department of Defense and Federal Agency Civilians who work on Fort Polk

Applications can be accessed online or in-person by visiting the Leasing Center at Fort Polk. After you complete the housing application and submit all required documentation, you can then be placed on the appropriate list.

[+]What determines my placement on the wait list?

Your placement on the wait list is based on your eligibility date. The eligibility date is typically determined by your PCS date from your last duty station or your date of application. If you are newly married, your date will be the day you were married. You must apply within 30 days of arrival otherwise your eligibility date will be the date of your application. There are some situations that may alter your date, so please check with the Leasing and Relocation Center to see if this applies to you.

[+]What documents are required to be placed on the wait list?

You can apply for housing as soon as you find out you are PCSing to Fort Polk. You no longer have to provide your orders upfront to apply. Before you are offered a home you are required to submit your orders coming to Fort Polk, your dependent documentation. Before a lease can be signed you will be required to submit your most recent LES, valid photo ID and your DA-31 or equivalent (i.e. out-processing checklist or stamped orders).

Accompanied retired military personnel, widows of retired military personnel, Gold Star widows, and accompanied Department of Defense and Federal Agency Civilians who work on Fort Polk will need to provide the following along with a $25 non-refundable application fee for any family member who is 18 years or over:

  • A valid driver's license, a valid passport, or another legitimate form of picture identification must be presented for each occupant over the age of 18 prior to signing a lease.
  • Occupants 18 years of age, or older, will need a DoD or retired sponsor to receive a 365-day pass from Fort Polk.
  • SF-50 or DA3434 for proof of federal employment must also be provided for the leaseholder(s) or form DD-214 for proof of retirement/medical retirement from any branch of service.
  • Proof of a valid, verifiable social security number must be provided from each occupant over the age of 18.
  • Employment verification to include 3 most recent consecutive paystubs.
  • Financial qualification is only based on the DoD civilian or retiree's income. As a result, unless the occupant is the widow of a retired service member or Gold Star widow, spouses of DoD civilians or retirees do not need to provide their income information unless it is needed to qualify for a home.

[+]What happens if I decline a home?

If an offer is made and you decline the home after viewing it, your eligibility date will change and you will go to the bottom of the wait list. If availability allows, you will be given the opportunity to look at more than one home. After a third declination, you will be removed from the wait list and will need to reapply for housing.

[+]What will my wait time be?

Your wait time is determined by the number of vacant homes. The wait time given is an estimation and is subject to change, however, every effort will be made to find adequate housing as quickly as possible. Please check with the Leasing and Relocation Center for updates. If a preference of floor plan or neighborhood is given, your wait time could be extended past the given estimate depending on current availability.

[+]What determines the list I am placed on?

Your rank and the number of dependents will determine the size of your home, as well as the rank band of the home you will be placed in. The rank bands are as follows: JNCO, E-1 to E-5; SNCO, E-6 to E-8; CSM/SM E-9; CGO, O1/O1E to O3/O3E; FGO, O4 to O5; SGO, O6 to O9.

[+]What does it mean if I get bumped on the wait list?

If you get bumped on the wait list, it means an incoming service member applied with an earlier eligibility date and went above you on the wait list. Only the top ten percent of every wait list is frozen and those service members cannot be bumped. If a large number of service members arrive or return from deployment, your estimated wait time could change. Service members returning from deployment have priority.

[+]What happens if someone has the same eligibility date as me?

If someone has the same eligibility date, date-of-rank will be the secondary factor regarding placement on the list. The earlier date-of-rank will be placed first. If the date-of-rank is the same, date-of-entry into service will be used.

[+]How long do I have to wait for an intra-post move?

Wait times for intra-post (IP) moves are not given. All incoming service members are housed first. When a home is available it will be offered to the first person on the IP move list. You must have at least 6 months remaining at Fort Polk to be offered a move.

[+]Once contacted, how long do I have to respond to make a move-in appointment?

Once contacted, you have 72 hours to respond to the Leasing and Relocation Center before we offer that home to the next service member on the wait list. Special circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If advanced notification is possible, we can work with you to find an alternative that best serves you. If you will be out of town, please let the Leasing and Relocation Center know, so arrangements can be made.

Federal Civilians, Retired Military and Widowed Spouses of Retired Military

[+] Will accompanied federal civilians, accompanied retirees and widows of retirees receive priority for homes?

Although accompanied federal civilians, accompanied military retirees and widowed spouses of retirees are now eligible for some Fort Polk homes based on available inventory, the first priority for on-post housing remains to provide homes to active-duty military personnel and their families.

[+] What homes are being offered to federal civilians, retirees and the widowed spouses of retirees?

Currently, some two, three and four-bedroom home types in the Camellia Terrace, Dogwood Terrace, Maple Terrace and Palmetto Terrace are available to accompanied federal civilians, accompanied military retirees and widowed spouses of retirees. Communities and home types may change at any time based on inventory.

[+] How much will the homes cost?

Prices will vary for home types based on floor plan features and availability. Please contact the Corvias Leasing Center for current pricing.

[+] How is rent determined for these homes?

A market rent is established based on rental rates for similar homes, townhomes and apartments in surrounding off-post communities. The market rates for these Fort Polk homes will also consider the additional benefits of living on post, such as included utilities, lawn care, 24-hour maintenance and other amenities. These rates may change at any time based on inventory.