What to Expect
The A/C system upgrade will take place in three parts:
- Drilling (Part 1): An additional ground loop will be drilled near your home.
- Trenching (Part 2): Workers will trench a line from the new ground loop to an outside wall of your home
- Interior Installation (Part 3): You will be notified of the appointment date when workers will be entering your home to install your new A/C, water heater, and Nest Learning Thermostat. This appointment will take one day to complete.
How to prepare for the Drilling and Trenching work:
- The majority of this work will take place outside of the fenced back yards, however there will be times in which it is necessary to remove the fencing to complete these upgrades.
- Move all personal items in the backyard onto your porch/patio.
- Pick up any pet waste in the back yard.
- Ensure fence gate isn’t locked (if applicable).
- Working hours for exterior construction personnel will be 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
How to prepare for the Interior Installation appointment:
- Remove any items stored in the laundry room or HVAC closet where your A/C unit and water heater are located. The washer and dryer can remain in the laundry room.
- Protect any household items in the working area that cannot be moved.
- Restrain your pets and keep your children away from the work area.
- Preferably, have someone over the age of 18 is present throughout the appointment.
- Working hours will be between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
After the Interior Installation is complete you will have a fully functional upgraded A/C system that you could even operate with your smart phone. An informational packet will be left behind that will explain how you operate the Nest Learning Thermostat.
Our focus is to make this program the least intrusive as possible. The subcontractors working around your home will be briefed on respecting the privacy of those living in the home. There will be increased vehicle parking in your neighborhood during the work. We ask that you please do not ask questions of the workers so they can be most efficient in their daily tasks and to ensure that you are not provided incorrect information.
Please raise any concerns you have about the workers to the Ameresco Supervisor, there will be contact information on letters delivered by Ameresco. If there is something that needs to be addressed immediately or you see something that cannot wait due to a safety concern, please speak to your Community Office at 337-537-5000.
Live Army Green Program
As we upgrade each home with a new A/C system, we will be transferring that home into a new Minol billing group. This new billing group will be comprised of like homes that have also received the upgraded A/C system. As homes begin to be moved into this new group, there may be a portion of time that the home is on mock billing. We are doing this to ensure that no resident is unfairly charged an additional utility expense. Once these new billing groups contain a sufficient number of homes to determine a baseline, we will return the entire new group to active billing status.
Once the number of homes remaining in a billing group drops below the size necessary to establish the baseline, all homes in that billing group will be transitioned to mock billing status. These homes will return to active billing after their home receives the A/C system upgrade.
All of the transitions between billing groups will be handled automatically by Corvias and Minol. We apologize to those residents that normally receive a rebate from Minol; we wanted to be as fair and amicable as possible to all residents in a billing group and this process will ensure that no residents are billed as a result of this transition.
For more information on the Live Army Green program click here